Monday, March 28, 2011

What are porcelain veneers?

A porcelain veneer is also called a laminate, and is used to improve the look of previously uneven, chipped, or discolored teeth.  It is a very thin porcelain sheet that fits over the tooth giving it a smooth, polished, beautiful finish.

Many people opt for veneers to improve their smiles for the various advantages including:
  • Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
  • Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
  • Veneers look very natural.
  • Veneers whiten smiles.
  • Veneers don’t require as much in-depth pre-work to the teeth as crowns.
  • Veneers can create what some call a “movie-star smile”
Some of the disadvantages include:
  • Veneers can be more costly than bonding.
  • Tooth sensitivity may increase, but increase is minimal if at all.
  • Like teeth, veneers can chip or crack and so must be taken care of.
Learn more.
If you are interested in learning more about veneers and if they’re right for you, call 678-319-0123, or email Dr. Sarah Roberts of Alpharetta.

2 comments:

  1. Veneers are thin lab fabricated porcelain overlays placed on the front of teeth and require minimal and in some cases no removal of tooth structure.

    Veneers or porcelain laminates are like acrylic or gel fingernails and can be use to close spaces, mask stain & discoloring , cover chipping, correct misshapen or crooked teeth.

    Veneers North Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  2. My acid reflux wears away my enamel. The worst thing is that my dentin underneath was damaged and my teeth turns yellow or brownish color. Good thing I immediately consulted my cosmetic dentist in Beverly Hills about my situation. I'm pleased with the result. Now, my teeth are 4 shades whiter.

    ReplyDelete